Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas-Round 2

Here are some pics from the past few days of Christmas get-togethers. On Christmas Eve we went to church and then over to my Aunt Shauna's house with all the Cook relatives. We had dinner, opened gifts for Maddie and then had a rousing gift card exchange, "white elephant" style--where you can steal/trade other people's gift cards. It's a fun new tradition we started last year and people are getting good about picking a variety of gift cards...from REI to a chocolate shop to Home Depot to Victoria's Secret! :-)

On Christmas Day I made a special breakfast for Keith, Maddie and my parents and then we opened our stockings, which is one of my favorite parts of the holidays. Later that afternoon we headed to Uncle Barry and Aunt LeeAnn's house for the next big holiday meal and to hang out with the fam.

my grandma Marion and me

my sweet hubby :-)

Doesn't Maddie look so grown up in her dress?

Silly girl...she was apparently showing off her break-dancing moves! What a ham!

All of a sudden she's into baby dolls...oh, and cars! I guess she's trying to keep herself balanced.

The Knopf's, our family friends for 30+ years, had this sleigh in their living room and Maddie totally fell in love with it!

My Uncle Barry with Maddie and her cousin Bridger, who is only 3 months younger, but outgrew her long ago and even has 6 teeth! What an overachiever! :-) He's such a sweet boy.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Beautiful....the photos....the day....the family....the Daughter....and YOU are too! I love the photo of you and Keith; such a cute couple. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful in those pics Lisa! xo, Dana

Anna Marie said...

Lisa, Wow, I haven't checked blogs in awhile. You have been busy! It looks like you had a great Christmas. Maddy is so sweet and full of life. Maddy's Mama is looking quite beautiful too. It will be nice to see you at bible study. lv you anna
O.k. I just read your other comments. I had not read them before I made mine. Apparently everyone agrees....you are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

laying on the floor with her legs up like that I want to pull down her tights, move her diaper aside and rub her little sweet baldie for her, they kick like crazy when you rub it