Monday, March 15, 2010

Preparing for Easter

Today I started thinking about preparing for our Easter celebration. I made a few decorative journaling cards to slip into my ongoing photo album that will include a big spread of photos...coloring/decorating the eggs, picking out our Easter outfits, an egg hunt at our local community park and then everything that goes on during The Big Day.

(photo from createstudio.blogspot.com)

Last year I bought extra plastic Easter eggs on clearance and they've been taunting me in my craft closet ever since. Today I decided to start tackling the project of making my own Resurrection Eggs. There are lots of tutorials online, but I found mine here. Tonight I'll print out the scriptures and tomorrow Maddie and I will do a little hunt inside/outside the house for the items that need to go inside the eggs. She's a bit young for this idea now, but perhaps next year we'll try this Resurrection Egg Scavenger Hunt idea. They even give you a print-out of all the clues! Easy!

2 comments:

Heather Elizabeth said...

Lisa-You are SO crafty! I love that about you. I was SO glad to see you Sat.

Amy Erickson said...

So sorry to miss you over Easter this year. Thanks for the link for the Eggs. I have been wanting to make my own for some time.
Hugs,
Amy