Monday, March 1, 2010

Good Excuse for a Party


For Valentine's Day, Maddie and I tried making chocolate-covered cake ball lollipops from a recipe we found at bakerella.com. They were somewhat of a flop.

But these I know I could pull off and I think they're way cuter! Brownies shaped like movie popcorn bags!! Man, now I need an excuse to have a party just so I can make these. Wouldn't they be adorable for a kids' movie-themed birthday party? Or horray-for-the-end-of-the-school-year party? Or the Oscars? Or a grown-ups movie marathon? Or, you know, a Tuesday? :-) Maddie would totally love to make these!

Ooh, you know what I just thought of? At the stores right now they have all the Easter stuff out, including flower and bunny-shaped marshmallows. Cut the brownie into more of an angled basket shape, do the marshmallows at the top (or one big Peep and mini marshmallows nestled around it) and then use a ribbon or a piece of skinny rope licorice to fashion a handle! How adorable would that be?! There ya go...Easter dessert inspiration!

2 comments:

Amy Erickson said...

that looks like so much fun! Ethan would love to bake with you he is always coming up with wild and adventurous baking ideas. This coming Sat he is turning 6 and we are going to try one of his ideas out. I hope it turn out as cute as this post.
Hugs,
A

Heather Elizabeth said...

These are adorable. I just LOVE the marshmellows!