Sunday, March 2, 2008

Progress

For all of you who have been rooting me on in my weight loss goal, I wanted to give you an update. I've been seeing progress! Of course, I'd be thrilled if I was at my goal weight overnight, but I guess slow and steady is a healthier way to do it and hopefully will help me keep it off in the long run.

I started getting serious about daily exercise and healthy eating at the end of January and since then I've been good about working out 4-5 days a week, cut out wine, only have Starbucks occasionally (and if I do treat myself, it's with the 90 calorie nonfat-sugar free caramel latte!), and I only have a few gingersnaps or fat free hot chocolate as my dessert. I can tell a difference in the way I feel (physically and my attitude) when I get my workout in--I feel like, no matter what else, I've accomplished a goal for the day. Now, coming from the girl who never exercised for YEARS and would think of any excuse to get out of it, that's quite a shift! I guess it's true what they say about creating new habits to replace the old. (Don't get me wrong--I'm still not saying it's fun! But it's paying off.)

Since I know the scale can be tricky, I've also been taking my measurements every 2 weeks. I'm happy to report that I've lost 12 pounds, 2 inches off my waist, 1/2 an inch off each thigh and an inch off my "post-baby pooch" lower abs. I'm more than 1/3 of the way to my goal! Horray! :-) If I stick to my plan, I think I'll make my goal of getting into a swimsuit at the end of May. Keep the encouragement coming--it's helping alot! :-)

4 comments:

Allison McKenney said...

O-MY-GOSH!!! You rock! Amazing results! I am sooooo proud of you!

Christine said...

Yipppeeeeeee! I'm so proud of you! Good job, buddy. Commitment is key to make these changes lifelong, and you definitely sound committed! :) xoxo

Brooke said...

Great job Lisa! What amazing progress! Hopefully it will just get easier to stick to with spring and summer weather just around the corner! Congrats!

The Thames Family

Katy said...

WAY TO GO! That's just over a months time too! You've completely encouraged me. THANKS!