Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cancer prayers: update

Here's an updated message from my friend Christine about her mom Lois:

Hi dear friends,

Will you take a minute to go sign my mom’s new guestbook? I set up a blog for her today. She’s willing (a little scared) to write, as are my dad and Gary, so we’re all going to do a blog together. Kinda fun, huh? I hope it helps keep the info flowing out and the prayers flowing in. She hasn’t seen it yet, but I’d like there to be some comments before she even visits. So go to loisholman.wordpress.com/guestbook and leave a note. Pass it along to anyone. We’ll make updates to there.

Prayer right now, like I said, is for her HER2 test to come back positive (a test for certain hormones/protein that helps the doctors figure out what treatment the cancer might react best to). It came back inconclusive yesterday, so they’re testing again. I told her this is God’s way of giving us a prayer extension. :) Pray for that positive. Thus far this may be the most important prayer request. It determines the aggressiveness and treatability of the cancer.
She has stage 4 breast cancer and it has spread to her lung. She goes in to have a port put in place on Wednesday and will likely start chemo on Friday.

No comments: