When I met with my doctors today, we decided to schedule James' birthday!! How exciting!
If James and I both stay stable, James will have his birthday on the morning of Monday, August 31st .
Keith will arrive at 6:30am, I'll be wheeled down to Labor and Delivery at 7:00 am to be prepped for my c-section and they should begin by 7:30-ish, and I should be back in recovery by around 9:00 am. James will be taken care of in a small room off of the OR for the first hour or so (until my surgery is finished) and then he'll be taken down to the NICU.
We'd love prayer for the following concerns:
1. That all aspects of my surgery would go smoothly, including no adverse reactions to the medications, minimal bleeding, good pain management, etc. so that I can recover quickly and therefore get to see James quickly.
2. A gentle birth for James and that his lungs would begin functioning to their full ability right away, with only the usual interventions needed. That he wouldn't need to be put on a ventilator, have other physical struggles or be in pain--so that he can focus all his energy on learning to breathe with a little help, maintaining his temperature and blood sugar, and learning how to feed. Prayer for no bleeding in his brain (they'll check for that after the first week, but there's nothing they can do to stop it or treat it) or problems with other organs.
3. Strength and courage for Keith as he deals with the emotions of going through surgery with me and a son in the NICU; that we both would feel God's peace and comfort instead of being overwhelmed and feeling helpless.
4. A smooth transition for Maddie, both now and as the weeks go by, getting used to visiting the hospital daily to see James and having to develop new routines.
5. A speedy physical recovery for me and continued health for Maddie, since we will only have about 3 weeks between when I come home from the hospital and Sept. 21st, when we have to take her to OHSU for kidney surgery. Prayer to be able to balance having two kids in different hospitals for that crazy week!
6. Praise for my parents, who help out with Maddie a lot, and that Keith's mom Darlene will be here for the next two weeks to help take care of Maddie and then me, when I get to go home! What a blessing!
7. Praise for all of you who have been faithfully praying for James and our family throughout this rollercoaster ride of pregnancy! THANK YOU!!!