Friday, August 21, 2009

Hanging in there

Today was "decision day" here at the hospital. I had my ultrasound at 7:30 this morning and then waited for my perinatologist to come fill me in on the plan...would I be delivering??

James has gained 7 ounces over the past two weeks, so he now weighs 2 pounds 5 ounces and is 27 weeks in size. It's not great, but it's progress! My doctors decided that since he is still gaining weight, they are going to give him more time in the womb to grow...which means no delivery just quite yet. They will continue my daily monitoring and I will get new ultrasounds on Monday/Tuesday and Friday next week. I've been told that I will have to stay in the hospital until I deliver, whenever that may be! I am glad that James is growing, but in a way I was disappointed that the delivery was postponed...I had psyched myself up for it! I even got to take a tour of the NICU and see the itty-bitty babies today. But better for him to spend his time inside me at this point than having to spend it in the NICU...even if mommy hates being cooped up in the hospital! :-)

2 comments:

Katy said...

THANK YOU LORD!!! He's growing!!!! YEA! This morning in the wee hours I found myself praying for you two. Thank you for the update.
I'll call you too, somtime soon.
Love you!

Christine said...

Yay! Good news! So thankful that he's grown so much. We'll continue praying for more growth, strong lung development, comfort and safety as he continues his journey to meet all of us. :) Love, love, love you!

xo