Friday, March 20, 2009

Surgery

Just a quick note...

After talking with our doctors, we decided to go ahead and schedule the kidney surgery for Maddie. She'll have a kidney function test at OHSU on March 30th, then the real wait begins. And I mean a LONG wait! They only had one date available in July, but it was too close to the date of our vacation, so instead her surgery will be August 17th. Um, yeah, that's 5 LONG MONTHS of waiting. (We are on a cancellation list, so I'm crossing my fingers that something opens up a lot sooner!) Oh well. Just pray her antibiotics keep her healthy until then and that the surgery is successful! :-)

3 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

My 91 year old aunt has just one kidney and always has. Praying for patience for your family or an opening on the OR schedule, whatever is best! Bless your sweet girl.

Katy said...

I am praying that the wait will be SUPER short.
How are you doing? I've thought of you alot an been praying.
Thanks for the update. Love you.

Heather Elizabeth said...

Absolutely committed to praying for you all! LOVE you.