Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring days

Over the past few weeks we've had a smattering of nice, sunny days {and now we're back to gross rain...actually, HAIL yesterday!}, so Keith has been hard at work on the deck in the backyard. Last weekend my parents graciously offered to help out, so my dad and Keith tackled the base of the deck and my mom helped me with the kiddos and then I even got to have a quick DATE with my sweet husband! Talk about a great day! Without a chatterbox in one ear and a whiny baby in the other, we hardly knew what to do with ourselves! :-)

Here are some cute pictures with Nana:

{Allison got this newsboy cap for James as a shower gift. Oh my gosh, the cuteness just KILLS me! He'll be wearing it with his preppy-boy Easter outfit, so more pictures to come!}
....................................................................
Anyone who knows me knows that I inherited the OPPOSITE of my parents' green thumbs. I have a Black Thumb, through and through. I can barely keep cactus alive, for goodness sake. That isn't to say I don't try...I love the look of fresh plants and flowers, but they always wither under my care. So imagine my surprise this week when signs of life were showing with my amarylis bulb, which looked dead to the world.
Usually they bloom around Christmas time, if I remember correctly. Amazingly, in just SEVEN DAYS, my amarylis went from bare bulb to this...

2 comments:

Heather Elizabeth said...

That hat is the BEST! He is SO cute Lisa. Great job on the flower. It looks so good, almost fake :)

Christine said...

Such fun pics! First of all, love the girl's shoes. :) Second, the hat is adorable. Third, congrats on a date with the hubby. Fourth, you and me both on that big black thumb. ;)And fifth, enjoy God's handiwork in that beautiful flower. How perfect for Easter. xoxo