Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tulip Splendor


To celebrate the awesome weather we've been having, my mom and I took Maddie to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn, OR today. Talk about a perfect day--80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! We thought the visit was all about the flowers (which are stunning--a rainbow of color as far as you can see!), but soon discovered there's a ton of fun for kids!

They had tire swings, food booths, inflatable slide, bouncy-house, a trampoline-harness jumping ride, two tractor-train rides, hay bale climbing structure and a toy ducky water race.

Nana & Maddie lucked out with the last car on the cow train. (My mom said I really "lucked out" by not going...I missed all the bumps and dust in their faces!)

Cool horse-shaped tire swings.

Maddie was in love with this playhouse, decked out with a kid-size picnic table, chairs, kitchenette with sink, and tons of play food.

But the pony rides topped everything! I was actually surprised when Maddie asked to go on them...I thought she'd be scared! (I figured she'd inherited that fear from her mother, even though my dad and sister owned horses, so I was around them a lot growing up.) She hopped right on, grinning all the way, waving and saying, "Yee-haw! Giddee-up horsey!" :-)

A beautiful end to a wonderful day! :-)

No comments: