Thursday, February 7, 2008

We're back! :-)

Whew, it's been a whole month since I've posted anything on my blog! That's a good indicator of how life's been around here. We finally moved into our house in mid-January and then nine days later Keith's parents came to visit from Ohio! It was a whirlwind time, but lots of fun. Most years we only get to see them once, but this year we'll see them again in June--they have a timeshare in Orlando, so we get to go to Disneyworld! Maddie will go crazy! :-) We're planning to make this a yearly event. Keith's sister and brother-in-law have a son, Dominic, who is two weeks older than Maddie, so they'll have great fun together.

In honor of the vacation, I've decided to start Maddie in swimming lessons next week. She's such a water girl, so I know she'll have a blast. The person it'll be harder on is me...braving a swimsuit in February (or any time of year, for that matter) is quite scary--oh, the sacrifices we make for our children! :-)

Now for a smattering of photos from last month...

Maddie loves reading books in her new "big girl chair".

Helping Mama sweep the floors--she actually does a good job!

"Helping" Daddy install the kitchen cabinets...well, NOT actually so helpful!

About two weeks ago our girl became a full-fledged walker! She's a total pro now. She'd been able to walk since Christmas, but refused to practice...then one day she made up her mind to do it and she's been on the run ever since!

Family portrait when the grandparents were here--Maddie is quite fascinated with the flashing light on the timer.


This is one of my best friends, Christine, who visited us the day after we moved in. She was my roomie in college for 3 years and a matron-of-honor in my wedding. She and her husband Mike just had their first child, cutie pie Jonathan David, in November!


We opened belated Christmas presents and, while I was excited to see the actual gifts, Maddie and Lucy were more entertained by the tissue paper.


I'll add more later...now off to exercise! My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds by the end of May (for our Florida trip), so I'm putting my nose to the grindstone! Wish me luck! :-)

1 comment:

Reshma McClintock said...

Lisa...your Maddie is so precious!! I love the photo of her helping you sweep :) I miss you and am happy to see you're doing so well. Much love...Resh.